Recipe: Fruit Pizza
A fun low-calorie favorite to serve as a treat or dessert!
For the cookie crust
1 large egg white
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup uncooked quick cooking oatmeal
For the topping
3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/2 container (6 ounces) nonfat vanilla yogurt
Fruit for topping the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a medium mixing bowl to beat egg white until foamy. Add oil and sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Use a small bowl to stir together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add to sugar mixture. Stir in oatmeal.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread the dough in a 9-inch circle.
- Bake about 12 minutes. Crust will begin to puff but does not look done. Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes. The crust continues to cook while cooling.
- Use a small bowl to stir together the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool.
- Transfer the crust to a serving plate. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Arrange the fruit on top.
- Cut into wedges and serve, or refrigerate up to 2 hours covered and uncut.